View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Hi Tom....thanks for sharing this! It's timely as I happened to catch a bunch of Ben's videos today and hear more about him and his models. He has such a great presence on those videos.....and funny!! Is he really all alone producing these with no one on the other side of the camera!!!?? He seems like just one cool and great guy! Beyond that he's a superb player and that's got to count for a lot in terms of knowing his craft and inserting all that player knowledge into the full package for his builds.
Good luck with the build.....would love to hear clips as things come together.
Fred
Thank you Fred for responding to the post. Yeah, I think he is alone for those haha, poor guy. Once in a while his dog or a kid may wonder through, but he keeps on going.

What you said about his being a superb player is very true and I do like that in a luthier for as you say, it has to impart more into the build to at least know what you want it to feel and sound like (not trying to disparage anyone who builds without being a great player at all).

He also talks about how he likes woods with a story, like the sitka top. That is something that I really like as well as it seems to bring the guitar to life more for me.

Speaking of playing, I like your new piece a lot and I like a good Honey Glaze as well!!!!

Thanks for following. Please come back as we go along.