View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvefret View Post
Okay, valid point.

What are the alternatives you have in mind and what makes them viable?
My post with graph shows 10 possible ones for starters.

Quote:
Consider then OP when you provide your response. What is the cost of the OP not utilizing medical services? Do you make medical decisions based on how much you think it might cost? Medicine can be split into three parts, treatment, maintenance, and comfort. Which is absurd in your opinion? Don't you think first that you want whatever it takes to treat, maintain, or provide comfort?
IMO not the right right questions. And Medicine can be split into two parts, the quality and the cost. We (US) have the ability to provide as good or better care than any country in the world. There is no reason to believe that we can not also do so at a much more reasonable cost ratio ( unless you are willing to believe that we cannot do what other countries are able to do) . The question is why don't we do it. The answer is relatively simple and arguably has a significant amount to do with systemic entrenched profiteering coupled with successful disinformation .

Quote:
What makes a medical expense absurd?
Personal example: my atorvastatin script. Cost $180 for 90 at the local King Supper or Walgreens
I get it online from from a US pharmacy (same exact drug mfg) for $23 pretty absurd don't ya think?

Quote:
What makes other services or products absurd?
I was talking specifically about costs being absurd, not services or products.
Quote:
For some spending $30K on a vintage Martin is absurd. If you contrast spending $30K for an operation and $30K for a pre war Martin, which is absurd? Which has more value to you personally?
Ahummm ! "consider the OP when you make your responce " the OP did get an operation they got two night stay for 30K YES absurd totally absurd. Personally I would not spend 1k for a Martin juss kiddin' sorta .

Quote:
Personally, I think American medical services are amazing. I appreciate the facilities and those that work to provide us with their services.
Could not agree more, but has nothing to do with finding much much more reasonable cost associated with access to it.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 11-19-2017 at 11:22 AM.