View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 11:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittoon View Post
I have a one year old Martin OMCPA1 which not only is the most comfortable guitar I've ever played (think electric guitar) but also physically very pretty. Well, I find i don't play the guitar much. It's Martins electronics. I wanted to pit Martins latest pickup system against all my other guitars which are fitted with KK passive pickups. I prefer EVERYTHING about the KK over Martins Aura+ system. To me, something is missing with the tone. -Just not "authentic" (for lack of a more technical description) I am using a nice DI box but just can't quite the Martin "meat" one would expect. This may sound goofy, but I wonder if one could remove Martins pickup system and install KK's passive approach. -Or would this be a very bad idea! (No need to mention impact on resell value. Comfort/Tone is the issue) Any great thoughts? Thanks!

Kittoon
This is a very interesting question and one I recently thought about as well. I have a Martin OMC-18E with Fishman Aura VT Enhance and when I compared it to the K&K in a different Martin (Hog/Adi dread), the K&K was way more natural sounding.

My concern is that the Fishman Aura VT Enhance Endpin jack also has the trapdoor battery compartment, so I’d have to bypass that and see if I could use that Endpin jack. (So I think). Its not that the Fishman Aura VT Enhance is horrible, but I think the Baggs Anthem sounds better and so does that K&K.

Sorry I can’t answer your question but I wanted to validate ..its a good and worthwhile question to ask.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com