View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithon View Post
Yes, the undertone series and subharmonics are real, but do they really apply to the acoustic guitar? (I have no idea - if someone knows, please jump in!) The very Wikipedia article you cite states that "The overtone series can be produced physically in two ways—either by overblowing a wind instrument, or by dividing a monochord string." The former is clearly irrelevant, and the latter seems to be too (unless someone has a guitar with a movable bridge). Now it may be that the information on Wikipedia is wrong or incomplete, and Andy certainly would be knowledgeable in this area so I'm willing to take his word (albeit with a grain of salt because: marketing); if Andy is correct, does anyone know how exactly the acoustic guitar produces undertones?
My gripe Is someone claiming they don't understand something so there for it isn't valid and If they feel like it they will prove that Andy is just blowing smoke.

Given that, IDK if any of the science referred to will make any difference in the finished product because when you try to apply science to something as subjective as tone the science doesn't mean much until you can observe the results.