View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
Congrats on the new Taylor.

Just curious, but why did you swap the 320 for the GA. I'm just wondering because the Mahogany topped Taylors are on my radar. I'm a dreadnought guy and noticed you also have a rosewood Taylor DN. Did the 320 have a similar vibe to your 810? I can also see wanting a smaller size since you already have a dread.

I know a mahogany top isn't going to be a big booming strummer like my Sitka/EIR dread so I'm debating on the 320 vs 324 if I went the mahogany top route. Just would like to hear your input on the two.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy your 324.
I sold the 320 for a few reasons, but the main reason was because I realized that I wanted my "second" guitar to be something other than a dread (just for variety's sake). I also really wanted the shaded edge burst. The 320 was big and full like my 810, but had a much more "compressed" mid-rangy tone. Both are great strummers, and I really like the sound/tone of both. The spruce/rosewood 810 has a much snappier high end sparkle, as well as a very pronounced bass response. The 320 is more woody and mellow. Now, the 324 is everything the 320 is in a slightly smaller package, and maybe not quite as loud. It's not drastically quieter, though. It really sounds fantastic, and can take anything I give it. For me the difference is mainly size (shape) and aesthetic with the SEB.