View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Having said I don't know how to feel about, I'm meaning about the OP thread title strictly about this parole, where I'm trying to separate my view of my distain for the man based on his past guilt (imo). I believe that some very professional people examined the entire matter of the offence for which he has been incarcerated, so even though he's been granted parole where the facts may support it, he could have been kept in a much longer.

One thing I think should have been done in granting parole, the board could have and should have required Simpson to remain in Nevada where the Goldman family has a much better chance of being awarded a good amount of Simpson's financial estate, where it seems that in Florida, there's rules that will prevent it, which in large part is why Simpson took up residence there.
Requiring someone to stay in a state is still a form of punishment. Florida is known as a debtor's haven, and it is the only reason OJ moved here. But the law is th elaw. It's the reason a lot of people move here.