Thread: Blackbird Savoy
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb1 View Post
Hi Tom,
I am with bry. Life is too short. If you want a Savoy go for it! I don't think you will be sorry.

As far as loudness, my husband is hearing impaired and when I first got the Savoy he remarked that he not only could hear the Savoy from the other end of the house but also thought it sounded great. To put his assessment of loudness into perspective, I am a finger style player using only nail and flesh, no picks. I have a pre-Peavey Cargo and I believe that the Savoy is louder and also much nicer in tone and more balanced.

The Savoy is definitely a winner!

Barb
Thanks Barb. I have been doing more reading about the Savoy and watching other videos and I can see that it would most likely satisfy where I seem to be gravitating to in playing style. Sure, life is short and I would love to be frivolous and just order one. But the Savoy is a pricey little bugger and being Canadian, the cost to me will be more than 20% higher. Beyond that, I’ve always been a one in, one out buyer/seller. Trust me, it is crossing my mind what I would need to give up to get a Savoy and I’m not (yet) sure I would want to do that. Ohhh, the temptation. Thanks again!