View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb1591 View Post

BTW, I'm a Takamine fan. Played the frets off an old EF340 and thought it wasn't worth a $400 refret job, so I sold it. Have tried to buy it back, but the guy won't part with it. Don't blame him. My mistake. Have owned a number of instruments since, but I find myself still looking for the sound of my EF340 ... particularly the plugged in sound.

Thanks again,
RB
I have a 1985 Takamine EF349s mahogany that I bought about a year ago. The people I bought it from had kept it cased up in a closet for 25 plus years. The frets had no wear, one small ding in the wood and the electronics had some oxidation but some cleaning fixed it. After adjusting the string height to where I like it she became a player and I would not part with this guitar. I don't think I could find one close to it without spending a lot of money. Everyone that's played it has a difficult time putting it down. I've played other peoples Martin, Taylor, Guild and a few other brands but none were better to such a degree that it made my Takamine feel inferior.