View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 03:27 AM

Default thesoundbox new soundfile

Hi folks,

the years are passing by and I can't remember how many times I thought, that this will be the last custombuild, but this time I suppose it should be the last build, but the first build-thread.
There are some reasons for this thread but the most important is that I expect a very strong and powerful voice and that I'm involved in the inlay- and soundport-design.
But the story from the beginning:
About two years ago I found an interesting post on our european acoustic forum about a young luthier in Lüneburg, Germany. Guitars with wonderful design, impressing woods and a well organized homepage. So catched by my eyes especially by No. 50, I decided on the one hand to have an impression of the voice and on the other hand to order No. 100. (You might remember the last order is allowed to have a long time of pleasant anticipation.)
I gave Thomas Thämlitz, ( http://www.holzblut.de , for these who are interested) the luthier a visit and was able to play a pretty time on different sizes of guitars and have honestly to say that my old ears were very happy about such powerful voices. So we confirmed that build No. 100 and I began searching a nice tonewood for this one.
Therefore I'm always looking for new kind of tonewood I found an "indian ebony" offered by an english distributor of fine tonewoods and I ordered it, well knowing that neither he nor I knew what it was about this wood.
I add a pic hoping that someone in this wonderful forum could thin out the fog about this wood.

I forgot to say that meanwhile after about two years, Thomas and I decided with the knowledge of an emission of about 12 guitars a year we will need more than 2 further years and that even pleasant anticipation could last too long. So I hope No. 77 will begin in some weeks.

all the best

guitarchie

Last edited by guitarchie; 09-14-2019 at 04:44 AM.