View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Kind of shocked to discover I was good from the onset until nearly the finish... MUCH better than I had thought, previously...

I already knew that my left ear isn't as sharp as my right, and that was born out in this test; left ear went silent around 10kz, but I was able to track the note until around 18kz.

I had a noticeable drop-off around 7kz that came back by 8kz or so... and, as someone else mentioned, towrds the end I could hear a descending tone along with the ascending high pitch.

Interesting "test"... I was listening through a set of Sony MDR-7506 headphones... by the way, I think that it's a normal thing to have to raise and lower the volume for this recording...

When I was younger (through the 60's and mid-70's, I saw a LOT of great concerts in the Southern California area... from The Shrine Auditorium in LA to the Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino (great venue, by the way!) and many places in between... back then, the "thing to do" was to get as close to the main speakers as possible, up near the stage!

I remember MANY shows that left my ears ringing for days afterwards... and, of course, the sound quality was horrible back then... not until the Grateful Dead had their "Wall of Sound" did sound quality at concerts, in general, become more like "the real thing"... (Never thought the Dead got enough credit for THAT particular shift in the biz).

I was also playing in bands and acoustic groups, amplified, and have done so up to and including the present...

I sure appreciate my body and all my senses, which I have come to realize are actually varied "vibrational interpreters"...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman