View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 AM

I've had my 1.5mm Classic Standard for several days now (thanks, Chris). I compared it to my Wegen, Blue Chip, Red Bear, and Dunlop Ultex.

My impressions:

1. The Gravity moves across the strings as well as any of the above, or any that I've tried. There is perceptibly no drag or - conversely - no skidding or slipping.

2. And it feels comfortable and secure between the fingers, the grip is very good. It is one of the best no-slip picks I've used.

3. These two features equate to a pick that is easy to maneuver and control regardless of attack.

4. Pick noise/slap is not as quiet as the Blue Chip, but no greater than the others I compared it to. When recorded, the noise is practically negligible.

5. Tone is on a par with the Wegen and Red Bear, better than the Ultex (not as thin), but not as round and rich as the Blue Chip. However, for my bass-heavy HD-35, the Gravity cuts through and levels any muddiness and produces a clearer, sharper sound than the Blue Chip.

Overall I am extremely impressed with the Gravity. It is already the pick I reach for after the Blue Chip, and will be the one I carry around on a daily basis.

Chris, one suggestion is to provide a scale to compare your picks to (maybe it's there and I missed it). My Standard was smaller than I anticipated and I was concerned about not being able to control such a small pick. As it turned out, it is very easy to control.

Thanks for the sample, thanks for making such a nice pick.

Edit: I forgot a very important feature: the price point is fantastic - maybe too low? - people may not believe it can be as good as it is for such a low cost.

Last edited by Misty44; 06-27-2011 at 12:04 PM.