View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 12:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederico View Post
Howard,

“Of course if you're as open minded as I am about large necks, just go for it. I can adjust to almost anything.”

I’m quite getting used to D-18GE’s modified V neck, which some people consider it “large”. Do you mean Bourgeois OM’s neck is similar to martin’s modified V?

Fred
Hi Fred,
That Martin did not exist when I was worked in NYC so I never got to play them side by side.

I just remember, at the time, that Dana's neck profile was not only a large V, but also had a bunch of meat on the cheeks. Perhaps even more important was the neck taper from nut to saddle.

Dana was making his nut width something like 1 & 23/32" (slightly under 1.75") but then it was about 2 & 3/8" at the saddle, so the taper was more 'severe', for lack of a better word.

The Martin Paul Simon model was similar in the string geometry, if not the exact specs.

In any case what I say or remember means absolutely nothing: Your hands are different than mine, and what the majority of people seem to never pay attention to is how sensitive the human body is to minute differences.

You may also be much taller than I, play off your left leg, stand when you play, etc, etc.................Go try one.

HE