View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:06 PM

A follow up post to my Rolland AC90 fix. I’m fairly certain that the problem lies in the jack itself. Just out of curiosity to see if Rolland sold the XLR board by itself, I gave them a call. Just like the manual states, you would have to order the main board just to get that little board that fits in the palm of my hand. The cost from Rolland direct is 400.00. I told her for that much money I’d rather spend it on buying a new Fishman. I ordered a new Neutrick jack on ebay for 4.00, and worst case even if I had to replace all the caps/resistors etc, I’d probably only be into the parts for about 15.00.

So for any folks who may be having a similar problem, More than likely its in the jack itself and nothing else in the amp. Looking at the schematic, the signal line for both the XLR side and TRS side of the jack share the same signal path. If it were a problem elsewhere in the amp, then signal should be dead on both sides of the jack. If anyone needs a copy of the service manual for the AC90, shoot me a PM.