View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 12:12 PM

Thumbs down Ditto X2 Volume issues

Hello everyone. I just purchased this looper and as I am trying to learn it, I find that the volume while looping jumps up and stays higher until I cancel/erase a loop. When I wrote to TC Support, and they said this:

"First of all, no reason to be worry, your pedal is not faulty. Actually most of time this issue is about impedance miss match. Let me give you some interesting information on the Ditto Looper. The impedance of the Ditto changes according the different bypasses, true bypass and buffered bypass. The dry signal is true bypass and the recorded signal is buffered bypass. Different bypasses = different impedance. Sometimes it works fine but sometimes it is gonna be a problem. In order to record audio, usually all loopers need to have buffered bypass circuit. That is because the signal has to pass through the DSP to be recorded.
The Ditto Looper and Ditto X2 also are really true bypass devices. With Ditto we made the first true bypass looper that works through a super fast relay that switches the pedal from true bypass to buffered bypass once the recording switch is pressed. This way, you get your dry signal true bypassed without any coloration when not recording. You can hear the relay every time you turn the looper 'On' or 'Off' as a little click sound that comes from the relay inside the pedal. It guides the signal in the true bypass circuit when you turn it 'Off' and through buffered bypass when you turn the Ditto 'On'.
Sometimes it does not matter but sometimes it changes the level between the bypassing state of the Ditto X2 and the recording state, resulting in volume changes.
Most of time you can fix the issue using a buffer to the output of the Ditto. You can use a only buffer pedal box as our BonaFide Buffer:
http://www.tcelectronic.com/bonafide-buffer/main/
The other option will be to use a pedal with buffered bypass (like our Flashback Delay, Hall Of Fame Reverb, Corona Chorus, etc) to connect after your Ditto X2. You should be able to solve the impedance issue, so the level should be equal between bypass and recorded level.[/B]

Bottom line: I have to buy another pedal for $70 to make the $170 ditto pedal work!!!!!!!...Are you kidding me???

Any feedback before I ship this out.....

Last edited by MusicJohn; 03-30-2017 at 12:14 PM. Reason: more info to add.....