View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texrider View Post
After lurking about here for quite awhile, I would appreciate some feedback about picking up a carbon fiber guitar for the dry winter months to leave out for playing all the time. I have found I like smaller guitar bodies (old shoulder injury from a bike crash) and primarily play my Yamaha LS16R. It's not a bad size, but has quite a deep body, so when I pick up a carbon fiber model, I'd like playing comfort to play a big part of the decision.
Hi Texrider,

I actually own both of these guitars, played them extensively, and you really can't go wrong with either, but based on your size requirement the Journey RT660 would be a no brainer. While the x20 is nicely contoured, it's still a much larger guitar. In fact the x20 is about the size of the Rainsong WS, or the Taylor Grand Auditorium, while the RT660, (which I also nicely contoured with a Manse wedge design) is closer in size to the Taylor GS Mini.

As noted already, the RT660 is new on the market, so not many members here here have tried it, but they have been selling rather well, and to date not ne has been returned to us during the normal inspection period.

Here are some photos that might help.

Last edited by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales; 07-17-2017 at 01:03 PM.