View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:01 AM

I chose the last option even though I had (past tense) paddle shifters on my last CVT equipped car (Mitsubishi Lancer GTS). At first I would use them occasionally, but once the novelty of them wore off, I never touched them again. Traded the car in with 186k miles on it and didn't touch the paddles after the first 5k miles.

Also, they were located on the column and I thought it was a poor design. The paddles were not extended enough and if you wanted to shift, up or down, during a sloping turn, you were out of luck as your hands would be past the paddles. The whole idea was supposed to be that you didn't have to remove your hands from the wheel, but that set-up forced you to do so. I think having them attached to the wheel would have been a better set-up.

The car also had the ability to shift up and down with the CVT at the conventional shifter location. Since I have owned many standard transmission equipped cars in the past, it was much more natural for me to shift at that location instead.

When I sold that car, I bought the same model car in AWD instead. This model does not have the paddle shifters the more sportier GTS model had. Don't miss them a bit, not at all......

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish."
Quintilian