View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike o View Post
Consider purchasing a small mixer. Bose T4 is what we had used for years. So many useable EQ presets, compression, reverb plus a second fx of your choice, tuner, channel mutes, multiple show scenes can be saved and so much more. For me it replaced every pedal, preamps and tuner. Plus you have 4 equally mixable channels. You can consider this a guitar preamp alone and run to any outboard gear.

A lot of folks here prefer some of the newer systems with a mixer built in. I guess some of the newer Bose systems have it and others. I understand why folks like this but I personally prefer a separate mixer. The mixers are way better and interchangeable with any out board gear. You also keep all your personal mixes at hand.

Mike, this is good advice. I’m continuing to look at options and that seems to be a very good one. Even the older T mixer would seem to do the trick. It’s the “upgraditis” that gets me. If I go for the T4 should I get the T8, just in case? It’s a sickness I think. [emoji848]

The option that seems the best to me is the T4 and another base model S1 and small speaker stand. That way I’ll have a modular approach for up to 4 people. And I can use a single s1 pro with the wireless units the rest of the time.

But then I think “well maybe it should be two 8” powered speakers on larger poles and the S1 as a monitor and go for the T8 or the L1…

I need a beer. Lol