View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 08:46 AM

What is the most economical way to purchase one of these new phones? I have an old iPhone 5 on it's last legs so probably go for with one of the new 8 models. The X doesn't seem worth the $200 premium to me.

I'm with AT&T and can purchase outright. Go straight to the Apple Store, AT&T store? Pay in one chunk, payment play?

What has everyone found to be the best approach. The payment plans seem to be a wash with outright purchase given the inclusion of the protection plan. Unless there is a consensus of a better approach, I'll probably go to the Apple Store and do a straight purchase.

Thanks for the input.

Blues

EDIT: Third alternative is to purchase phone on say AT&T's upgrade plan (or whatever they call it) and get a new phone every other year. How do the economics of that option work out? Hate the idea of a perpetual hardware payment. I got 5 years out of my 5 with a free battery exchange from Apple after 2 years but have been fighting battery issues the last 12 months as well as memory constraints (16GB) for the last couple of years. No real operational integrity issues however.

Last edited by 01bluemiata; 09-13-2017 at 09:03 AM.