View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 08:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi Paul,
Have you ever had a guitar that needed a neck reset? It happens because the string tension causes the neck block to rotate and in turn the sides of the guitar distort due to the rotation of the neck block. The carbon rods, in our guitar, redistribute that rotational torque on the neck block to the stiffest point on the guitar, the waist. The result of a guitar with these style of braces will likely never need a neck reset.

As an added benefit the soundboard, above the sound hole, isn't as suppressed by long grain linear compression forces. Therefore, you could experience some added tonal benefit on your build?

Years ago I argued that the top, above the sound hole was inert and contributed little to the tone of the guitar. After experimenting with a Tone Rite I had to eat my words. If you mount a Tone Rite on a guitar and run your fingers lightly over a guitar top you will feel what areas are actively vibrating and what areas are not. I learned that there was some vibration activity in the top above the sound hole. I also leanered that this area of the top, on our guitars with these buttress braces, were much more active than our guitars without the buttress braces.

I believe this upper area of the top contributes to the high frequency or treble response. I've also learned there are gains to be realized, if the builder can free up this area and allow it to vibrate more freely. I will be anxious to get your and John's feedback after he adds this feature to your guitar.