View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Charter Member

Speaking as an owner of a 1974 ES-345, my first thoughts were to tell you to wait for the one YOU really want... after trying to cut corners for decades, I've morphed into my new gear buying philosophy...

BUY ONCE!

If what you're looking for is value for your money, I would seriously (seriously!) suggest you check out the Reverend semi-hollowbodies... either the "Tricky Gomez" or the "Manta Ray". EVERY Reverend electric I have seen has been beautifully constructed and finished... and all the "variations" from the normal Gibson/Fender clones are very useful and well-though out...

About the only thing I can find fault with the Reverend guitars is that they don't come with a case... but for the $$$, you could buy 2 Caltons on top of the purchase price and STILL be well under the price of new 335!

This may be howling with the wind, if you are a slave to the name on the headstock... but, were I to be looking at an electric guitar purchase these days, that's the FIRST place I'd go, to check out the Reverend line-up thoroughly...

And I LOVE my Gibson electrics, by the way...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman