View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 01:49 PM

[/QUOTE]
The second thought that comes to mind is Baggs appears to be going down the road of the keep it simple mind set. The grand, grand majority of weekend warriors (who of course is Lloyd's demographic) haven't much of a clue about the nitty gritty of the more complex audio devices. Some struggle with basic and fundamental audio issues and ideas. Put an average weekend warrior on stage with a typical 4-band (or 3-band) multiband compressor and I'd think the options (and the anxiety that options create) and the somewhat complex parameters would ultimately do more harm than good. Obviously in this case a pre-set multiband is a very broad brush stroke but I suspect the frequencies and curves were selected in a manner to cover the most ground for the most egregious and notorious pickup anomalies.

As I mentioned to Gary earlier sometimes and for some folks there's far more sonic gains to be had by a simple setup and concentrating more on the right hand and then ultimately their performance, than by a complex stage environment.

I'm digging the idea of this box.[/QUOTE]

this is wisdom

1994 Taylor 810 Sitka/Indian Rosewood
2015 LR Baggs Anthem -
LR Baggs Session pre-amp D.I.
Fishman AFX Reverb
Empress ParaEQ
1999 Fender Stratocaster
1968 Fender Vibrochamp