View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 07:34 AM

Default Cheaper CF guitar

Hi, Brand new to the carbon fiber sub forum so I apologize in advance if this is a question that has been asked over and over.

I'm looking for an inexpensive CF guitar. Like in the $600 range. I have no idea if something like this exists but if it does, I'm all ears. I don't mind buying used or "scratch and dent" or whatever.

I build wood guitars and am in no need for another acoustic but we heat with a wood stove and starting very soon, the guitars have to live in their cases with humidifiers for a few months. This isn't the end of the world and I take them out to play daily but I LOVE having a guitar next to the couch to pick up quickly in the morning or evening. Since the humidity gets quite low, I just can't leave one out.

Ideally I would like a 12 fret parlor sized guitar, full scale with a sound hole in the center. I don't need electronics. I am fine with 14 fret and also fine if it's a little smaller or bigger. I'm fine with various nut widths and neck shapes. I am not looking for a travel guitar. Does anything like this exist or am I out of luck.

Also, I do understand that you get what you pay for etc... If I had more money to spend, I would. I'm not looking for the most amazing guitar in the world, just something I can pick on the couch for a few months in the winter.

Thanks!