View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles Tauber View Post

There is a distinction between a "classical" guitar and a guitar with nylon strings. They aren't necessarily the same thing or used for the same purpose. The desired string height depends upon a variety of factors, but one of the biggest of those is whether or not it is intended to be used to play classical-type music using classical guitar technique. Doing so requires a higher action.

If the nylon-string guitar is going to be used for strumming or fingerpicking - essentially played much like a steel string guitar - the action can be considerably lower.

A nylon string guitar usually has more neck relief that its steel string counterpart.
I have been thinking of nylon stringed guitars as classical guitars.

I would like to learn some classical music and finger picking with it, but also I was going to use it to learn and play Blues & Folk music too, which will involve strumming chords and finger picking.

It feels a bit awkward to bar code on the higher fret with this guitar due to its high action. No truss rod means, that it will be only adjusted with the saddle height by removing the base of it?

Problem is that the saddle doesn't seem too high, and by removing the base of it, doesn't look it will lower the action too much.