View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyam View Post
Bose lead the way in sound quality, portability and erection/breakdown time. Depending on the size of your gigs, check out the Bose L1 compact, or the L1 model 2. I have been using mine for over two years and it is the single most impressive piece of kit that I have ever owned during a lifetime of buying and using all manner of high end guitars, guitar amps and PA systems. In short, it does not sound like a PA, it is extremely pure, like a loud, hi quality hi-fi system. And the throw is 190 degrees (Yup, 190 degrees) as opposed to the narrow beam of 'punchy', coloured sound often put out by conventional 'boxed' speaker systems.

Just go to a store and try one. But take your money, cos you will buy it.
I would say yes to the L1, but no to the Compact... at that price, the Fishman Soloamp is a lot nicer sounding. If you think its lacking bass, you could add a small powered speaker (K8 or K10 would work beautifully), and still have a very portable, loud, great sounding rig.
Electrics: 1975 Gretsch 7670 | 1959 Fender Jazzmaster (heavily modified) | 1980 Fender Lead II
Other Instruments: Eastman MD-505 Mandolin (K&K) | Sullivan Jam Open-Back Banjo (Schatten) | Fender Mustang PJ Bass
Amps: 2017 Otis Trudeau | 1964 Gibson Skylark | Yamaha Stagepas 200BTR