View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
I own an LS6 and have for close to two years now. Great guitar, and I decided I prefer its stock saddle to the bone one I had in there for a short while. The bone didn't make the tone or volume worse, or better. It made it different, and I liked how the guitar sounded with the stock saddle more than I did when it had bone in it.

I also own an LJ6. Gah does the LJ6 boom, but it's also a bigger guitar. The LS6 is no slouch on volume, and its note clarity is pretty great. Sustain for days on the L's, as well.

Can't go wrong with an LS6. I imagine the 16 and 26 are great, too.
That's interesting about the saddle. I've heard/read others say the same thing about Yamaha guitars - that they prefer the synthetic saddle over a bone replacement.

There seem to be a significant percentage of owners of other makers too (Larrivee and Taylor, off the top of my head) who prefer the tusq/plastic/whatever saddle the guitar comes with over a replacement made out of bone. Shoot, I like the stock tusq saddle in my Larrivee dread better than a bone saddle I tried myself....

Ibanez AC240
Yamaha AC1R
Epiphone AJ220S

"It's folk music so.... you can kind of do what you want." - David Hamburger, Blues Genealogy.