View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 AM

I bought a Gibson Les Paul zebrawood few months back guitar of the week 1 of 400 made.

Cost me £xxx imported in from the states but that was when 2$ was worth about 1 pound UK sterling.

I Have been offered £xxxx for it by many who have seen it in the UK thats around xxxx US Dollars in todays exchange rate.

Not a bad return in the short time I have owned it. (but I haven't sold it)

I bought it not to sell but I liked it.It looked cool to me.

in the pic:

Gibson SG Standard Natural Satin Single Coil ( 1 of 400) sold this for double what I paid in less than a month.

Gibson Les Paul Zebrawood (1 of 400) (Keeper)
American Fender Deluxe Amber stratocaster ( Keeper )
1998 (1958 American Collectors addition Telecsater) Keeper
Martin OM-18V Acoustic ( Keeper)

I never bought these guitars to sell but some guitars that I have owned have never connected with me so I have sold all for more money than what I ever paid.

Rumours abound that people have bought the 1998 collectors edition Telecaster and put them in glass boxes never to be played or played.

This is a crime: OK the guitar is a superb example built to a very high standard and its collectable,but thats not the point. The guitar sounds too good and plays too well for it not to be used.

Fender only made 1998 of these guitars but everyone who has one, does not have one, or ever seen one with a 4 digit serial. (the plot thickens) Its odd I have never seen anyone with one above serial 999

Guitars are nice to collect but its a sin not to play them.

Last edited by cotten; 07-11-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: AGF Rule 2 in FAQ: no guitar price discussion