View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 03:36 PM

I don't know what the definition of fan is...

There are certain bands/performers whose work I will buy without ever hearing the first note.

There are certain ones that I will do my best to see if they go on tour, even if I have to park in San Francisco to do so.

There are those whose albums, cassettes and cd's I've worn out (OK, I've yet to wear a cd out...) but I find myself drawn to them still, after all these years.

There are those albums that are 30+ years old that are still as fresh as the day they came out to me and I still get just as excited listening to them.

There are those performers that can turn me into a kid again when I see them in person.

There are those whose songs almost ALWAYS get played when I pick up my guitar, not because its the only song I know, but because it truly brings me joy to connect in that way.

There are some albums that I can't listen to without fantasizing what it must have been like in the moments those tracks were laid down. Sometime sgetting so lost in the moment of the music that I have to listen to the song again to actually hear it.

There are certain artists whom I admire so much for reasons other than the music they've created.

Those are some of the things that come to mind when I think of myself as a fan.

Good question Bern.

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.