View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 03:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtjohn View Post
Well, the Emerald siblings have arrived!
The guitars miraculously circumvented the customs dept (so a BIG $ saving there) and arrived at the post office yesterday.
Kay and I were crazy excited last evening opening the boxes and revealing the treasures that awaited within.

Kay's X7, red with Crystal Ice back & sides, and LR Baggs pickup.
My X20, Amber Quilted maple woody with Crystal Ice back & sides and Baggs Anthem pickup.
It's apparent that the team at Emerald go all out to provide excellent customer service & satisfaction. The guitars were extremely well packed and the little extras included really made the opening a special occasion (I had a cold bottle of bubbly ready to christen the Emerald mugs with).
I must say these instruments are just beautiful seen in the flesh and the fit & finish is superb.
We had a short play last night and a swap to play each others but it was getting late so had to call it a day.
My first impressions are the Emeralds sound even better than I had hoped.
I was not too keen to get an X7 because I have trouble coming to terms with the tone of small guitars but the X7 sounds fantastic! To my ear it's much nicer and fuller sounding than the Taylor GS Mini's I have played. I can see an X7 in my future!
The X20 is going to get a good workout this evening but on first impressions
I'd say it is a large step up in sound from my Taylor 314ce (which I love dearly).

Anyway, A big thank you to all forum members who furnished me with info on the Emeralds and to Sean and the team at Emerald Who have made this entire process an absolute pleasure.

m

Congrats on your new Emeralds. This is interesting, I wonder if Ireland has some kind of a trade agreement with Australia as my Emerald also bypassed the customs. I have ordered countless guitars from other countries and always get hit by customs.