View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:22 PM

I know they're not so easy to find in North America, but for the price you quoted you might manage to pick up a second hand Stonebridge grand auditorium (Antoine Dufour used a Stonebridge GS-23-CR in most of his Youtube videos). These and other guitars built by Frantisek Furch in the Czech Republic are outstanding - truly professional guitars for substantially less than you'd expect to pay for an equivalent US-built guitar. I have seen adverts for second hand ones in the US, but I guess it's a big ask!

Otherwise, I too would suggest that you take a look at the top-end all-solid Walden grand auditoriums - in fact, if you went down that route you would be able to buy a new one! The Supranatura GA's - G2070 (cedar/mahogany), G3000 (spruce/rosewood) and G3030 (cedar/rosewood) are all fabulous guitars with a satin nitrocellulose finish. Alternatively, the CG2010 (Englemann spruce/rosewood) might be better if you prefer a gloss finish. Just shut out any negative thoughts you may have about them being made in China and you are likely to be very pleasantly surprised!

Paul