Thread: QSC K8 or K10?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoB/335 View Post
That's great news and totally what I expected to hear. The deep of 12's I found to be a weight/ratio compromise that I am willing to work with right now. Having a pair expands the coverage that you feel in might be missing in width. It is a rare occassion where I would use just 1 speaker. I KNOW "we are trying to go smaller and lighter but there comes a point of diminishing returns. Heavily consider the result of going with 1 K10 as opposeed to a second K12. Believe me that the audience notices the full, clear, clear, Non- earfatiguing sound that you are producing with that setup.

btw did you compare any other 12's?
Thanks Bob. Yes I listened to the JBL Prx's and Mackie SRM450's. They local shop I deal with did not have EV's EVx-Lives which I've heard good things about or the new Yamaha Powered 12's.

I felt the QSC's walked all over the JBL's in terms of clarity and smooth mids and highs. The Mackies 450's just dont even compete with the QSC's. The SRM450's mids and highs are 'harsh and edgy' sounding to my ears. The JBL's were just a bit too midrangey.

I wanted to like the JBL powered 12's because they were cheaper. I listened the QSC's, then the JBL's and liked the JBL's. They when we switched back to the QSC's the sonic clarity walked all over the JBL's.

Did not even consider the EON series JBL's.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com