View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
The pangs of GAS are beginning on my first electric guitar and amp to be used “medicinally” in cathartic home and recording situations.

Please feel free to comment on the combination of a Music Man Cutlass and a Line 6 Spider Jam combination.

Thank you.
I have not played any Music man Guitars but the Cutlass seems like it would be a really nice first electric guitar Modern /vintage Strat type with silent single coils and locking tuners what's not to like . If you have been able or will be able to play one, it will not take long to know if it is what you want.

The amp ? I would definitely recommend go play as many different amps in your budget range as you can. I honestly do not know if I played the Jam when I went on the same quest a year ago, I played a bunch of amps in the $300 to $700 range including several line 6 amps . . After playing a number of offerings in that price range I found that I did not really care for the sound of the digital modeling available at that price point area. And I found that I preferred the sound of valves over SS also

And obviously those are completely subjective considerations BUT For me personally Valve or solid state I would rather spend my money on quality physical components than digital features. But you have enough experience with sound to just go play and you will fairly quickly get a sense of which direction you want start with.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4