View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fingers View Post
Since your criteria are so broad, you're necessarily getting an avalanche of recommendations, all of which make sense but for different reasons. Good luck sorting it out. Personally, proceeding in this way, I would either try out all relevant models I can get my hands on, choosing the one I liked best rather than going by brand (since there's inconsistency within brands at this price point) or, more likely, go with a company focused on this particular market. I would, myself, go with Eastman. The guitars of theirs that I have played have rarely been phenomenal (at this price) but also very rarely anything less than very good to excellent. If I had to order an instrument, that reliability and value for money would be my framework for choosing Eastman. Many nice models.
I was actually shocked by the number of replies, not the diversity. Lively forum, very resonant and with good sustain. :-)

I agree with you, but I'd also add I'd love to get a used instrument if possible, just so it is a bit looser and played in than a factory new example. I've played some high dollar guitars that didn't work at all, either because of set up/string issues, or just rigidity. I've also played affordable guitars that I'd have loved to take home on the spot. Blueridge seemed quite consistently alive. Wish Furch were less expensive, but at least they are priced in their weight-class at last.