View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatstrat View Post
Thanks guys. I've always loved Guild tone. Nearly if not equal to Martin tone. Not sure how that works as they are different. Had a Guild Jumbo once, but even though I loved the tone, hated the neck. I like the neck on this one! So how long to humidify a possibly dry guitar in case w/homemade soap dish humidifier? It was in transit for 2 weeks from Florida to Okla.
Congrats on the awesome guitar! I am super happy with mine I love how heavy it is. It feels heavy and it sound heavy yet clear. I like the Guild tone over the Martin tone if you compare Spruce/Rosewood Dreadnaughts of the two brands.

except for the tone my favorite thing about the GAD-50 is the neck! feels great doesn't it? I just wish it wasn't gloss finish. it feels weird to me after I've been playing for a longer period of time or if i play on stage and my hands are a little warmer than usual.

Wonder if I could maybe change the finish on the neck? Anyway great choice! I just know that guitar is going to keep you smiling for a long time!