View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 04:11 PM

Default Cpx 15

Compass made these for a short time. I had a CPX 15E and I regret selling it and I am currently looking for one. My brother owns the "W" and he will never sell it. This guitar is not meant to have a big bottom. Plus comparing to an HD28 as one did is ridiculous since that guitar costs three times as much on the street and is a completely different style.

The guitar has high end electronics and a nice medium thickness to the body. The Grand Concert size is perfect for a performing guitarist.

The top is solid spruce but the sides and back are laminates. However, this did not seem to affect the sound at all and enabled Yamaha to add some really tastefull appointments and hardware keeping the price down.

The Compass CPX 15 has a nice balance across the strings like a Taylor. Ever wonder why they amplify so well. Balanced guitars sound better amplified. Not too much high or low end. They just sit in the pocket real nice.

The new CPX 900 "Compass Series" is somewhat comparable to the old 15 series but the quality is still below it.

The CPX 15 is one of the best values on the market and comes with an extremly plush hard case as well. Street values are around $600 to $700 for a CPX 15 Compass with case in good condition.