View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbiker View Post
A little while ago I bought a JamMan Solo Looper (for use with electric and acoustic guitars) because there is so much depth and creativity that you can get by using these things. I've been messing around with it a bit, but I haven't gotten the knack for it yet and it's a little frustrating. Do you have an experience with these cool gizmo's, and if so, can you give me some tips on how to get the hang of using it?

Thanx, Jim
I've been using one as a practice tool for a while now, and more recently as a way of creating rough demos of new songs for my band. What, in particular is giving you trouble? The one thing that confused me at first, was exactly where to stomp to create the looping part. At first I thought of it as the end of what I was playing until someone pointed out to me that you really need to stomp at the place you want the loop to start. So if you're counting and tapping your foot, you want to stomp on the one of what will become the first measure of the loop. It was a huge "aha!" moment for me.

Louis