View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
...All the 'faux" tweed appointments and fancy colored Tolex (the covering) just adds to the price, if you are concerned with that aspect of the purchase...
Actually, it's exactly the same price as the standard '65 reissue:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PrinceRev65FSR

While I'm not a fan of the anachronistic tweed covering, I'm a major fan of the Eminence Patriot Series speakers - I've got them in my Bugera V22 and V5 (Swamp Thang and 820H respectively), I'll be upgrading my Frontman 212R to a pair of Cannabis Rex in the not-too-distant future - and if I didn't already have three amps in the same general power range ('64 Ampeg top-panel/no 'verb Rocket, Tech 21 Trademark 10, and the aforementioned V22) I'd be giving this one a serious look myself. BTW, if you like a little breakup - FYI the Rex is a very clean-sounding speaker by design - keep a Chinese 12AX7 and/or Euro-style ECC83 on hand to swap into V1, and re-install the stock tube (or a 5751) when you're going to be doing a night of country/jazz/'50s-60s R&R and R&B...