View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Guest User 971

I can't say much about their smaller guitars as I've only ever played their full sized guitars. However, I have nothing against 3/4 sized guitars. I would suspect the build quality is about the same though.

If you are wanting that guitar, I think you can get a new one for about that same price. Search Amazon.com for that. Make sure the guitar is set up okay. The action (string height from the frets) is low. These inexpensive guitars tend to have high action. Measure the string height from the 12th fret (should be marked with two dots), and if it's higher than 3-4mm, it's going to be too high. Same with the nut, make sure the string height above the first fret is no higher than the thickness of a credit card.

It might be best to have the guitar set up by a luthier. I think it's about $40, give or take? I do my own setups, so I can't remember how much they charge anymore. It's important, especially for the beginner, to have a setup on a guitar to make sure the action is right where it should be so it's playable without discouraging the person learning to play the guitar.

Dan