View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 01:51 PM

I sponsored a Bose/Fishman A/B at my local GC a few years ago and Fishman ended up sending reps when they heard about it.

To me, and the folks I chatted with, Fishman was the clear winner, and the price difference is substancial. You can add a really decent subwoofer to the SA220 (if necessary), and still be less expensive than the Bose.

I admit I am not a Bose fan in general, it's the only thing I do not like about my new Infiniti G IPL, Bose has a signature sound and I find it a bit compressed and very lacking on the low end, even when designed specifically for a car in a very controlled environment.

But I digress. I decided to start gigging again at 62 and bought a SoloAmp a few weeks ago. After 1 gig in a noisy Italian Restaurant, and many hours at home, I am fairly satisfied. Neither the Bose or Fishman sound as good as a traditional system, say QSC or Mackie with a decent board, but the portability cannot be dismissed.

It's true most audiences would not notice the difference between the Bose and Fishman. I am long time into high end audio/home theater, and to my ears the Fishman is less compressed, less processed, and more articulate.

Different strokes, just my opinion................

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)