View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 07:17 PM

a big thanks to all here who responded. I went to try out the GPCPA3 and I was so impressed with the playability, neck and tone that I knew within less than 5 minutes that I would buy it! ... which I did. I haggled a bit over the price (since it was in the store for about 5 months) and got a reasonable price reduction plus new strings. I love the tone balance unplugged, and plugged in (not having much experience with the Fishman F1 Aura) loved the capabilities. I also (contrary to other views in other posts) absolutely love the creative shape of the pickguard I read the Fishman manual completely and look forward to testing the aural capabilities. I'll either be going through PA systems or plugging into my '65 Twin Reverb reissue amp. Any comments on which mic images you prefer and how much blend you use (for live PA or amp usage)??
I pondered ordering the A1 but decided reasonably that there was no way for me to justify the extra $1k. I will be satisfied with the A3. Also, I actually prefer the minimal fret marker dots over the larger A1 fret markers ... subjective of course.
Question about battery life: does anyone use a rechargeable Li 9V? Nice that the tuner doesn't require plugging in.