View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

Story no.1: Got a brand new Lakewood Om style guitar - cedar top (German made high quality instrument).

Took it to first gig. put case on floor - lid open to acclimatise the guitar - went to bar.

Bass player took out double bass and extended the prong thing. Stood up his bass looking carefully at headstock - put pointy end of prong all along top of my ne guitar - no breaks just a long indent. He came to bar to tell me assuming I'd go crazy - I didn't - it was me who opened the case. Played it like that for some years - got good trade in price.

Story no.2: 1999 - after some years of unemployment and once again in a secure job, treated myself to a Collings DS2H - which cost twice as much as anything I'd bought before.

Took a local pub gig - very cheap fee - few interested - did my gig, put guitar on stand - went to bar ...... CRASH ! Six week old guitar face down on floor with slot-head in three bits. Oh how I laughed !

Still got it battered, scarred - great guitar.

My recommendation - get your flash new guitar - dent it asap., then relax and enjoy.