Thread: 214e or 114e
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Director View Post
I've got a 214ce and use it exclusively plugged in. ...I love that I can just plug it in to any system and go.
Having only three buttons to worry about is great....The 214ce is truly plug and play.
This is my experience as well. I helped a praise guitarist at church select-purchase the 214CE and now listen to him at church a couple times a month. He simply plugs into the PA (70 foot cable at least under the floor). No tweaking, no fuss, no effects boxes, and it sounds great.

The solid wood vs laminated wood argument is over done in my opinion, for sides and backs. It's the top that vibrates. The rest supports the top and reflects.

The primary difference between the 1xx and 2xx I believe is the side/back laminate material (so what). Both have the X bracing and the same ES-T electronics. The 214CE includes a great hardshell case, the 114CE includes a gig bag.

Yep, I am jealous of my friend's 214CE. I have spent a mini fortune trying to get that sound. If only it had a wider neck. Currently saving for a 314CE.

Jack