View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 09:21 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeane View Post
I may be jumping the gun on Scott's review request, but I received a prototype black teardrop from him a little while ago. I am really impressed by the great tone--very mellow yet clear, with plenty of attack when you want it. There is very little pick noise and it glides easily off the strings. It's now my favorite pick. I also like the fact that it doesn't slip out of my fingers as much as some other picks I use.
Robin, hi! Been a while since we talked! Thanks for kindness in posting this review. We're thrilled you like the black as much as we do. It's been an arduous task, but I'm insatiably curious so it's been a lot of fun too.

Folks, Robin is one of our prototype testers. I call them "The Jury," although there are far more than twelve of them now. If you're interested in being one of our testers, please email me directly at charmedlifepicks @ gmail.com and put PROTOTYPE TESTER in the subject line (please don't PM me here -- I'm too busy!). Robin was part of an effort we undertook several months back to recruit more female players as testers, since they are a valued part of our community. We're proud to say we now have about half a dozen female testers on board (maybe the only company in the industry that has this), and we're looking for more. Please don't think you have to be the next Joni Mitchell or Nancy Wilson; in fact if you look at our marketing plan you'll notice that our approach, with thinner models than the competition adn such, for example, is far more geared to the average recreational player, or what you might call the enthusiastic amateur. We are NOT looking for pros. Pros have no brand loyalty and always want their stuff for free. We're always looking for good male players too, of course. Our testing program entitles you to free prototypes, possible discounts on cosmetic blems and "B" stock when they become available, and other niceties.

Here's the exciting part, ladies and gents: There are more than a hundred (100!) industrial plastics that have never been made into guitar picks. By anyone. We just discovered one of the best of the world, sitting right under our noses. Why didn't other guys discover it first? I dunno, go ask them. We WILL be the leader in discovering new materials and in fact already are, and we're not even two years in business.

Update: We've already identified two more materials we will begin testing this fall. One of them is a drop-dead gorgeous color and comes from the same family of engineering thermoset plastics as our brown and black lines. Thar's gold in them thar hills, folks (no, the color isn't gold). We will begin cutting testing samples around September and will be looking for people to play them. Help us discover the next great pick material. I guarantee you we will get there before the other guys.

Thanks, Robin!

Are we excited? A little.

scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 05-24-2017 at 09:39 AM.