View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpartrick View Post
Very insightful. What should we (Browns and Iggles) do to get out of perpetual mediocrity? I know O-line is critical, but I think at the end of the day it's pointless to even try in this league unless you have a franchise level quarterback like Aaron Rodgers or several others. So, I say start with that, and move from there.

The Iggles' mistake was thinking Chip Kelly was the answer. The Browns' mistake was thinking Manziel was a grown-up. But, we all live and learn, and I'm looking forward to a fun season!
Teams don't need a "Franchise Quarterback" to get out of mediocrity. There are only so many Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings out there. Look at Andy Dalton. He took over for Carson Palmer. He was a 35th pick in the second round, where Palmer was a 1st rounder. The Bengals put a decent oline in front of him, gave him an elite receiver (out of the first round of the same draft) and Mike Zimmer developed a top 10 defense. The key is you have to have a QB who is comfortable in the pocket and has a quick release, give him some protection and someone to throw to. Scramblers do not last in the NFL. Then put your money in pass rushers and DB's..... Tim Couch likely could have been a franchise level QB, and the Browns destroyed him by throwing him out there with no protection. Cleveland.....the place where QB careers go to die....

Taylor 514ce FLTD, Sitka/Tasmanian Blackwood from Ted at LA Guitar Sales
Taylor 618e 1st Edition, Sitka/maple (2015)
Taylor 814ce, Sitka/Rosewood (2014)
Taylor 526ce, all Mahogany (2014)
Baby Taylor, mahogany (2014)
Taylor 210ce (2014) (on consignment)
PRS S2 Custom semi-hollow body
Fender Blacktop Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro 120th
Gibson SG Classic 120th