View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 08:20 AM

Default Anyone try the new Fender 100 amp yet?

The local GC had a couple of really cheap used acoustic amps on hand, so I went to give them a look to see if it would be worth buying a "starter" amp. About 30 seconds of playing on them revealed that would be a waste of money and time. So I went ahead and jumped on a Fishman Loudbox Mini and discovered why they're so popular.

However, they also had the new Fender 100 amp there. I searched around and found almost no real reviews on it. Fender appears to be stepping up their acoustic game in general. I went back and forth between the two amps with the dials all set at the middle on the amps and the guitar and no effects. I don't honestly know a lot about amps, so I was basically trying to compare them side by side in terms of the clean tone.

My uneducated impression was that the Fishman produced a very pure reproduction of the sound where the Fender had a sort of "personality" for lack of a better word. It sounded warm, but maybe at the expense of being too bassy and drowning out the mids a bit. Again, if I knew what I was doing, I probably could have tweaked the tone and gotten a cleaner sound.

But I didn't hate it, so I wanted to ask around here and see if anyone else had the chance to play it and what they thought of it. I might actually go back one day soon with both of my guitars and play the two back to back again.