View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
...Dropping a couple of hundred dollars for an really extensive home trial seems OK to me ,( as long as the kids have shoes)...
Call it research cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
...I arrived at the Martin I'm now happy with, by being able to have several at home at the same time for unhurried a/b/ testing...
I have used this approach in the past on instruments. I really have a hard time making a decision in a store, so I check their return policy and buy the two or three things I am interested in. Run all of them through their functionality in my living room and then return the ones that don't make the grade. There's cost in going to the store twice and maybe some confusion on my plastic, but generally this works if it is a big ticket smallish item.

With two different guitars (and one from overseas) I like the idea of simply buying them and then selling the one that doesn't make the grade.

FWIW, that was my plan with the X20 and then Lucky 13, but I like both too much to let one go yet.

I should have a chance to grab the X20 today or tomorrow. I believe you want me to check the open chord C shape but starting with the pointer finger on the 15th fret?

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?