View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 04:16 PM

Cutaway - I think the answer is yes, but I don't have my X20 handy to check. I will check and get back to you unless someone else answers. The X20 doesn't have the best reach up high for a cutaway, and I rarely play past about the 18th fret unless I am picking just one or two notes for a solo. It's good enough for what I do though.

Sound hole placement - It is a wash of sound where I can just about drown out my voice if I am strumming hard. The X20 is definitely louder than my Lucky 13 though probably not louder than my 7 string jumbo. That said, I don't think you will over power a listener unless you want to.

I think it is a fairly balanced sound across the frets. There are some notes that have different tonal characteristics than others. I can tell an open B for instance from any other B using the fret board. Not bad, but different.

Balance - I play barre and other chord shapes across the X20 up into the octave. My opus seems pretty balanced throughout to me.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?