View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 10:04 PM

Great thread idea Ted!

Just did an informal gig with my CF today- perfect timing to praise up my guitar. My Rainsong is the first CF I’ve owned and I’ve not played a bunch either- only two. The first one I ever played was a Shorty (not the one I bought) and the other was a used classic Rainsong Jumbo- a JM1000N1 (I think?) I immediately loved the Shorty from first strum- loved the body size, the ergonomics, the tone and the looks. The jumbo was a used model at a local GC, also a cool guitar and I was amazed at how comfortable it felt sitting on my lap for a guitar that size. I played it mostly out of curiosity Monstrous tone! Would I love to get my hand on other CF instruments? Of course I would, but we all know the limitations of actually finding gemstones and rare birds.

Now, back to that gig. We had a fun crowd; a group of fun acapella songs and then oldie songs- everything from Billy Joel and John Denver, to The Beach Boys and The Byrds. All of this played on a Fender dread, a Yamaha OM, a Yamaha synth, a clarinet, a ukulele and a harmonica (or as the harmonica player called it- a Mississippi saxophone), and my Rainsong (yes, I got some looks and questions).

But you know? The Shorty is strung up with John Pearse light nickels and projected into the mix like a champ. No problem hearing it among the others. The tone was gorgeous, warm and full- tonally an instrument I can be proud of. I love everything about this guitar.

Last edited by steelvibe; 01-09-2017 at 11:31 PM.