View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Back in '06 while my wife and I were vacationing in Florida after a business conference, I bought a Baby Taylor for travel. I was happy enough with it for what a BT is. Early in '08, the newly released CA Cargo was getting a lot of attention here on the AGF. I was intrigued, but had no intention of buying one.

In March of that year, again we were tripping around Florida. We had rented a Sebring convertible and one morning in Sarasota while preparing to leave our rented house, my wife was messing around in the trunk, when she moved the BT to the area where items should not be left, and she forgot to move it back (I had reminded her a number of times before). She closed the trunk lid and I proceeded to put the top down. CrUnCh!!! I knew right away what happened.

My wife was totally apologetic, but with every problem there's an opportunity . Immediately, I recalled the buzz about the Cargo and told her about it. She was all for me getting one . So, with my iPhone, I logged onto the AGF, posted a thread about what happened and asked if anyone knew where I could get a Cargo. Within minutes, AGFer "fitness1" (Todd) replied suggesting I call Danny Brevard in Lufkin, TX, which I did right away. Danny had two in stock...a charcoal RT and wine RT. I chose the charcoal. I didn't know at the time, but AGFer "SongwriterFan" was on-route by car for a couple of hours to buy a Cargo from Danny. He got the wine one.

Within a couple of days, I had the Cargo in my hands in Sarasota. Immediately, I was flabbergasted at how good it felt, played and sounded for such a small guitar. The BT was a mere toy by comparison. I still love a good wood guitar, but I still love my Cargo and play it a lot. I've been a CF fanboy from that point on.

I still have a pic of the damaged BT and Cargo when I received the Cargo in Sarasota...

Edit: The BT gigbag is pretty good quality and the Cargo fits snugly in it.

Last edited by Acousticado; 01-07-2017 at 01:32 PM.