Thread: Pet Peeve.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 03:35 PM

Default Pet Peeve.

I like to watch lessons on You Tube, but many times I just can not bear them when the instructor insist on interrupting himself to explain another way or why they do it this or that way between every stroke. Just show me what you are doing. Out of say a 10 minute vidio you may only get 2 minutes of actual playing if that. All those self interruptions to point something out before even striking a string that just came into your mind, is not helpful. If you would like to go into it after the lesson down in the comment section, that would be great, but not during your demonstration, have a plan laid out before you go to vidio, and stick to it. if there is a better way to make a cord fine, but don't dewell on it, one can always rewind and watch it again if need be. Of course I have never done a vidio lesson so maybe it is much more difficult then I know. I have watched some that are very helpful, and kept my interest throughout, I would really like to see more of those. I will add, it would encourag more to buy their lesson plans if they did this.

I fault my school math teachers for doing the same thing, they want to show you 6 different ways to do fractions when one will do just fine. Never understood why people do this, but I am sure it is why I never was much good at math either. After all you don't need someone to show you 4 different ways to make a left, or right turn when driving a car, at least I hope not

Rant off

If a snake falls into your boat, for Gods sake, don't shoot it.