View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

I doubt people are dumping the CF guitars to buy Emeralds. I think more often than not people buy CF guitars to 'try them out' and even though they like them, when push comes to shove and something needs to go to make room or cash out, the CF guitars get the boot before the wood ones do.

Obviously that's a generalization. I have now owned three CF guitars. All were excellent in all respects. The first was an Emerald X20 Artisan (blue) that was a great guitar. Great sound unplugged and amplified. I didn't like the scale (long) or the neck shape. I bought it mostly because I wanted to give CF guitars a try.

A while later I grabbed a Rainsong APLE which was also an excellent guitar. Loved the size and playability and pretty much everything about the guitar but some cost overruns with home improvements meant I needed to move a guitar and so once again the CF got the boot.

Then a Journey Overhead OF660 popped in the classifieds for a steal of a price and this guitar ticked off enough boxes to make it a keeper (so far). Small, collapsible for transporting, CF so impervious to elements. It's my 'beater' and travel guitar. Plus the cost is small enough that it's really not worth selling as it won't generate as much as other guitars would.